Homily on Feast of the Body and Blood of Christ: June 14, 2020 “To Eat His Flesh and Drink His Blood” (Jn 6:51-58)
This Homily was an overall summary of my Eucharist Video series… I encourage many to watch the videos in the series available on this website here: https://www.ourladyofguadalupechurch.org/discipleship/eucharist-series/
There are also discussion questions for each video on this above page. Perhaps you can form a small group in your family, or on zoom, to watch and discuss together, and pray.
Additionally here are my three favorite books on the Eucharist:
REFERENCES FOR FURTHER STUDY:
- Jesus and the Jewish Roots of the Eucharist, by Brant Pitre
- The Lamb’s Supper: The Mass as Heaven on Earth, by Scott Hahn
- The 7 Secrets of the Eucharist, by Vinny Flynn
Homily on Trinity Sunday: June 7, 2020 “Justice is Love’s Minimum Requirement” (Jn 3:16-18)
- Link to the Statements by the Four Previous Presidents Speaking about the Protests and Violence in aftermath of George Floyd killing. https://nymag.com/intelligencer/amp/2020/06/read-what-obama-bush-carter-have-said-about-floyd-protests.html
- Link to Statement by Pope Francis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ou2owd-efm4&feature=youtu.be
- Link to Statement by USCCB Chairmain for ad hoc Committee on Racism: http://www.usccb.org/news/2020/20-83.cfm
- USCCB Statement on Racism “Open Wide Our Hearts”: http://www.usccb.org/issues-and-action/human-life-and-dignity/racism/upload/open-wide-our-hearts-bulletin-insert.pdf
- Resources to Combat Racism: http://www.usccb.org/issues-and-action/human-life-and-dignity/racism/parish-resources-on-racism.cfm
Two Books I Recommend on Systemic Injustices in Economic and Criminal Justice Systems:
- Categorically Unequal: The American Stratification System, Douglas Massey, Russell Sage Foundation, NY, NY.
- The New Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration in the Age of Colorblindness, Michelle Alexander .